At JWright Companies, safety first at every level is our highest priority. Our daily approach to safety instills this culture and attitude in all of our employees and we take great pride in our exemplary safety record.
- Our approach to safety is task specific and follows a Job Specific Assessment (JSA) format, which includes the following T.R.A.C.K. procedures:
- Think Through and Analyzing the Task
- Recognizing Hazards
- Assessing Risks
- Control the Hazards
- Keep Safety First in all Tasks
- Performing Each Task with Safety in Mind
- Site Specific Emergency Action Planning
- Daily Equipment Inspection & Maintenance
- Our employees are up-to-date with training in a variety of areas including:
- OSHA 10 and 30 Hour Training
- Injury Prevention and Treatment Training
- Hazmat Training
- Utility Awareness Training
- Excavation Safety Training
Weekly toolbox meetings and daily JSAs are conducted by a site foreman and include site-specific task training for each team member. Each team member contributes to the safety discussion and is expected to report any potential safety risks.
Mass Safety Meetings are held monthly and include all crews within the area; sub-contractors are required to attend these meetings to comply with JWright Companies’ safety policies. Each monthly meeting is conducted by upper management personnel and includes new training or review of existing safety policies.
Each team member works toward the same goal every day: everyone goes home safe.
JWright Companies has been awarded numerous Zero Incident Safety Awards from the Associated General Contractors (AGC) for both heavy highway and specialty work.